Sunday, August 28, 2011

This sweet little blob...

is the next member of the Sorensen family!!!  It even looks like it's smiling.  Due date is March 14, 2012.

We are so happy and excited to have another... we never wanted Shae to be an only child.  It's like having a home without a pet... somehow emptier.  Siblings are your first friends, your toughest competitors, they teach you how to share, and give you the most honest feedback you could ever want. As you get older, they are also your oldest friends, and you'll wonder what you would have done without them.  That is true for both me and Matt, and I hope it is for Shae too.  I know she'll be a great big sister, just like mine.  She even has a similar personality to Christine; very headstrong, smart, opinionated, and bossy.  She'll be perfect.  There will be about 26 months difference; not too close, but not too far apart.

Matt wasn't home when I found out, so I told Shae first. "I whispered Mommy has a baby in her tummy", because I had to tell someone.  She looked at me, then at my belly, and said a firm "No".  Now, if you ask her what's in my belly, she will say 'baby', but I don't think she really grasps it yet.  She's still a Mommy's girl, so may be a little jealous.  I love having a girl so much, I really, really want another (of course, Matt wants a boy).  I saved everything, so it would be easy too... no clothes to buy, bedding, blankets, I have it all for a girl.  That means it will be a boy, right?  We may need to find out the gender.  Even though I absolutely loved the surprise last time, I would like to prepare if it does turn out to be a boy.

We have the usual worries as well.  Since I am downright ancient in the maternity world (aka Advanced Maternal Age), we worry about having a healthy, normal, baby.  Then there's the question of how on earth we will have time for anything now?   How can I love another baby as much as I love Shae?  That can't be possible.  Will I favor one over the other?  And when will I sleep?  I am going to be so tired for the next few years.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am really excited for you guys. Your blog post was beautiful. It's very true about siblings! And I laughed when you mentioned Shae being like Christine;) Too funny. Ella was the first person I told, too! Can't wait to hear about your pregnancy adventures!

    ReplyDelete