Sunday, August 28, 2011

San Diego Vacation!

Finally, vacation!  We spent a week in La Jolla and it was so nice to get out of the heat.  I loved having time to do nothing but spend time with my family, eat, nap, and relax.  I thought Shae would like the beach a lot more than she did, but the weather was so much cooler than we are used to.  While everyone else was in bathing suits, we were in jeans and long sleeves.  She didn't like that the water moved toward her either.  But Duke loved that he got to walk on the beach every morning.

We went to the zoo and the aquarium and my favorite part was Shae's realization of how large giraffes are.  I kept telling her 'look, giraffe', but she kept looking at the ground.  Maybe she thought the large things in front of her were trees.  Once she realized, she looked up really slowly, mouth wide open, and stared.  After about 30 seconds, she whispered "Mommy, giraffe".  It was so darn cute.  I just love seeing her reactions to new things.  I think her favorite part of the zoo was the duck / flamingo pond.

San Diego is a different world than Las Vegas.  The first day we were there, I took Shae to a neighborhood playground and there were two girls her age who shared their toys, played with her, and invited her for a playdate the next day.  Even Duke was invited to a playdate with a neighborhood dog.  Everyone was so friendly.  I'm not sure if that says something about us, or about the place we live, but I loved it there.  We've decided if we win the lottery, that's where we are moving.









I seem to be noticeably absent in most of my pictures.  Note to Matt, please pick up the camera  more.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Matt..pick up that camera! Shae will want to know that her mama was around when she was a toddler;) haha. It's always that way. I have tons of photos of the girls and Tom and hardly any of me with them. Your trip sounded perfect. The beach, cooler weather and tons of sweet family time.

    ReplyDelete