Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pregnancy: The good, and the really good



Is it weird that I love being pregnant?  Most women I know were miserable, so maybe I'm just lucky and have easy, healthy pregnancies.  I had no morning sickness and I'm not very tired.  I love the feeling of carrying around this little life inside me.  I know he is warm, safe, well fed, and healthy.  I think I'm good at this.

I'm not at an uncomfortable stage yet and enjoy the little squirms, turns, and pokes.  He now gets the hiccups frequently, just like Shae did.  Other than that, the pregnancy itself is very different.  I've never understood before when women talk about carrying like it's a boy or girl, but with Shae, I carried more around the waist, hips, and legs (everywhere really).  This one is all out front like a ball. 

People are just plain nicer to you.  They hold doors, ask if you need help carrying things, and strangers actually start conversations (especially the women who want to guess if you are having a boy or girl).  It's almost like walking a puppy. 

I don't have to wash my hair.  Seriously, this may be the best perk of all because I've always hated washing it.  What a waste of time.  Luckily, my body seems to think it has more important things to do than lubricate my scalp, so if I wash my hair once or twice a week, it is more than enough.  Same goes for shaving my legs, but I can't really reach or see down there anymore, so who cares.

I'm still craving beer, and my doctor has said I can have them now (but only one a day he warned, as if I thought he was giving the go-ahead for partying).  I've never been much of a beer person unless it's a hot summer day, but boy does it taste delicious now.  The dark winter lagers are my favorite.

Shae likes to yell 'hi baby' into my belly and pat it.  She keeps saying 'baby come out soon' too.  I'm not sure if it's a question or an order.  We're trying our best to prepare her for a sibling but I worry about how she will handle it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so happy you are loving pregnancy! I loved it, too. I was never really uncomfortable with either girl. Unfortunately, I had horrible morning sickness with both though:( Enjoy it...Oh and I love that you are enjoying a beer too. You rock mama!

    ReplyDelete